Create a bumper for your fireplace hearth with a large pool noodle!
Or buy some pipe insulation from any hardware store - sometimes even cheaper!
Just cut the foam stick to the same length of your hearth.
Photo credit: We need one of these!, by malweth, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
Cut a slit halfway through the long way - cutting through from the outside to the hole that is already in the middle.
Then push the pool noodle onto the edge of your hearth.
The tension of the foam trying to revert to its
natural shape is what holds it in place.
If you have a toddler that will pull it off, use some removable Command Adhesive tabs - you can buy them without the hooks.
Photo credit: iheartnaptime.net
All rights reserved
• Big Boss Noodle
• 3M Command Poster Adhesive Value Pack
• Cardinal Gates Hearth Guard
• Prince Lionheart Fireplace Guard
• Kidkusion Hearth Kushion
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!