Would you like to prevent your toddler or pets from unrolling the entire roll of toilet paper, and stuffing it into the toilet, or trailing it through the house?
Make your own toilet roll cover/protector by recycling a plastic 2 liter soda pop bottle.
Baby Photo credit: Rob, Joyce, Alex and Nova, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
HOW TO MAKE:
Cut off the bottle top and bottom of the soda pop bottle, to form your toilet roll cover/protector. Measure your wall mount toilet paper roll holder to see what size you need - mine was 4 3/4 inches (12 cm) across.
TIP: you can use the leftover bottom to make fancy flower shaped ice cubes for punch - and the leftover top for a funnel for sand play!
Cut a slot in this toilet roll cover/protector, to allow you to pull the toilet paper through, about 1/4 inch (0.64 cm) high and 4 inches (10 cm) across. If you are using double roll toilet paper, simply cut across completely - from one side to the other.
If you wish, cover all raw edges with plastic tape to match your decor - I only had black on hand, but you can use any colour. If using double roll toilet paper, use a piece of plastic tape to tape across the open sides, attaching both sides, leaving an opening of about 1/4 inch (0.64 cm) or larger, for the toilet paper to hang out.
Remove your toilet roll and spindle from the wall mount, slide both inside your new toilet roll protector, and reattach the roll to the wall mount.
This should at least slow your toddler or pets down!
Thanks to Catherine for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Tutorial Photos credit: Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
All rights reserved
• EZ-Load Toilet Paper Holder - Spring hinges on both sides makes loading toilet paper a snap
• Mom Invented TP Saver - Perfect for kids and pets
• Safety 1st Toilet Roll Guard - Fits most toilet paper holders
• Paws-Free Toilet Paper Cover - Stops children and pets from unraveling toilet paper.
• More bathroom safety products - toilet and door locks.
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!