Here's a fast and simple way to make all your flat, prefold and shaped diapers into easy Velcro®-closing diapers!
Just cut one piece each of both hook and loop Velcro®.
Photo credit: Gustav in gDiaper, by majorbonnet, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
Sizing: Small - cut 12" (31cm) long; Medium - cut 18" (46cm) long; Large - cut 24" (61cm) long; XLarge - cut 30" (76cm) long.
Trim off all the corners, into curves. Place the Velcro® pieces back to back (with the hook and loop sides facing out, away from each other.) Sew together, around all four edges.
Is that too much work? Then you could just buy the One Wrap Velcro straps - no sewing involved!
That's it! One fastener is all you need! If you wish, you could make one or two more, in case one gets soiled or lost.
Care: Wash by hand in the sink and hang to dry for longer wear.
To Use: Simply place the diaper on your baby as you normally would. But, instead of using pins or clips, simply wrap this Velcro® diaper fastener around the diaper at your baby's waist, with the hook side facing the diaper, overlapping the Velcro® at baby's front (or back, if your baby can undo the strap!) to fasten.
The Velcro® hook part helps to hold the diaper in place. Make sure that the hooks are completely covered by the diaper or they may irritate your baby's skin.
Thanks to Catherine for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Diaper photo credit: Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
All rights reserved
• MPI One Wrap Velcro Hook/Loop Fastening Tape - White
• MPI One Wrap Velcro Hook/Loop Fastening Tape - Red
• MPI One Wrap Velcro Hook/Loop Fastening Tape - Blue
• MPI One Wrap Velcro Hook/Loop Fastening Tape - Green
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!