If you are making your own baby food, and baby is still only at the tasting stage - storing your prepared food in ice-cube trays can be wasteful, since it is way more than your baby will eat in one sitting.
Look around for some cocktail ice-cube trays (I found mine at the Dollar store).
Depending on the size you find, each cube is only about 1-2 teaspoons - just the right size for a "taste"!
Then you can use the tray again when your child is older, to make fun ice cube shapes for their drinks!
Thanks to Suzanne for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Photo credit: mightyb, on FlickrSome rights reserved
• Better Housewares Cubette Mini Ice Cube Trays
• Casabella Silicone Mini Cube Ice Cube Tray
• Arrow Ice Cube Tray
• Mumi+Bubi Solids Starter Kit
• Juvenile Solutions Baby Food Storage Cubes
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!
More blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!