Save your old soap scraps, melt them down, and pour into Play Dough molds or candy molds or specialty ice cube trays - even just pour onto a cookie sheet.
If using a cookie sheet: when the soap has hardened somewhat on the cookie sheet, cut out shapes with a cookie cutter to add some fun to your child's bath time.
If using molds: just pop them out once the soap is completely hard. An older child can have fun cutting out the shapes themselves.
For longer use, let your new soaps harden for a week or two before using.
Thanks to Karen for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Photo credit: knoxilla, on Flickr ~ Some rights reserved
• Wilton Candy and Lollipop Mold/Seashell
• LEGO Minifigure Ice Cube Tray
• Looney Tunes Play-doh Mold Toys
• Roshco 100-Piece Plastic Cookie Cutter Set
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!