Leann said: A diaper sprayer is best for this kind of poop on diapers and baby clothing - or even your own clothing! I use my shower head which easily reaches the toilet, and I find it works best when set for hot water.
It literally breaks up the poop and it drains into the toilet. I don't know if a hot setting is an option on a diaper sprayer connected to the toilet - probably not.
Molly said: We ended up getting a sprayer. I didn't want to spend the money on the expensive "diaper sprayers", so we got a power sprayer from Home Depot for only $17.
It attaches to the shower (our shower is next to the toilet) and works great! We can use it to wash the dogs, clean the tub, etc. I think it's much more versatile than the diaper sprayers and cheaper, too!
• DIY Tutorial: Make Your Own Diaper Sprayer
• DIY - How To Make Your Own Diaper Sprayer
• How to build a diaper sprayer
Thanks to Leann and Molly for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!