I used Dr. Jack Newman's recipe for the homemade version of All Purpose Nipple Ointment, which one of the labor and delivery nurses gave to me after she saw all the blisters.
Take equal parts Polysporin, Lotrimin, and Cortisone.
Mix in small batches and use after anywhere from 4 to all feedings in a day, remix every 3 to 4 days.
The Polysporin has to be brand name but the others can be generic.
It was a lifesaver and no need to find a compounding pharmacist to mix it.
Thanks to Emily for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Photo credit: Daniel Lobo
Some rights reserved
• Polysporin Ointment
• Lotrimin AF Antifungal Cream
• Cortizone Anti-Itch Creme
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!