Need a bib and left yours at home? Or the one you brought is covered in food, and you need another one?
You'll just need to make and keep this in your purse or diaper bag! Take two 'suspender' clips and about 10 inches (25cm) of fabric elastic to make a bib for your baby, instantly, wherever you are.
Photo credit: joshzam, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
How to Make: Just fold each end of the elastic around the loop of one of the 'suspender' clips and stitch.
Now you can use this handy gadget to clip a washcloth (or two, for heavy droolers!) cloth diaper, or hand-towel around baby's neck
Or store it in your purse or diaper bag for 'on-the-go', and use it with the restaurant's cloth or paper napkins.
Other Uses: With a shorter piece of elastic and two more clips, you can make 'mitten clips' (attach one end to mitten, other end to sleeve).
Or even 'shoe clips' for those little ones that like to kick off their shoes! (Fasten one end at back of shoe, the other end to pant leg.)
Or fasten to snow pant cuff, wrapping under sock foot, to keep snow pants from riding up!
Thanks to Linda for this Frugal Baby Tip!
• Dritz Mitten/Suspender Clips
• Notions Marketing 3/4 inch WHITE ELASTIC
• CTM Little Kittens Mitten / Gloves Clips for Little Hands
• Baby Buddy Bib Clip
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
More Pregnancy blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!