QUESTION: My almost 8 month old daughter is getting pure he** to put a diaper on. Suggestions??
Tereson said: I lay my son on the ground and lightly put one leg across his belly so that his hands are at the top. I change the diaper and let him go.
Rachel said: First thing - I don't always put on a cover. If we will be home around the house, it isn't worth the battle for me. We have special toys for outings - grocery store bag of toys, etc. or a "cookie" (AKA rice cake to the normal people) that will distract her. Also, you might consider a couple AIOs for outings.
Karen said: She will get better about diapering in a few weeks or months... But until then, you could probably get an all-in-one diaper on her, even in public. You can even get AIOs on reasonably easily while she is standing, holding onto something because there is nothing to slip around.
Tonya said: My son does this to me! Often, the only thing that works is to lay him down on the floor, put my ankles over his arms and change him as fast as I can! I try to save my Velcro diapers or AIO for outings.
Shannon said: I can sympathize!!! Right now I am able to distract Gavin with a prefold tossed on his face. With my older children, I have also done the holding of arms by my ankles.
Joyce said: I have also tried singing with some success even though I can't carry a tune!
Ann said: Have you tried tape? A 5 inch length of Scotch or masking tape kept my son very occupied. Also try giving the babe an extra diaper for a game of peek-a-boo.
Rachel said: The final advice is to have a kazoo. Mackenzie used to blow hers at every diaper change. And we'd sing a song (Little Rabbit Foo Foo, Old Macdonald, 5 Green Speckled Frogs) during the change. I have to say, though, that the best distraction was when our bird landed on my head!
Thanks to all for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Photo Credit: My baby's first diaper change, by Carin Araujo, on FreeImages
Some rights reserved
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!
More blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!