This one is for the bigger kids - at least over 5 years old!
Take two wooden sticks (rulers, paint sticks, Popsicle sticks, etc), center one on top of the other, at right angles. (If using a ruler with a metal edge, make sure to remove the metal edge first.)
Strap together with a thick elastic.
Photo credit: yes, that's a baby..., by Dea Bee, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
PRESTO! You have an instant cross-boomerang.
Hold upright, and throw with a quick snap of your wrist.
To catch, hold your hands flat and slap them together to trap the boomerang between them as it flies by.
Thanks to Paul for this Frugal Baby Tip!
TIP: For a cross-boomerang the little ones can play with, simply cut an X-shape out of cardboard. Cut two and glue together to make it sturdier!
• Do not throw your boomerang in high winds.
• Do not throw your boomerang at a person or animal.
• Do not throw your boomerang in a small room or confined space.
• Contima Co. Wooden Rulers
• Office Impressions Rubber Bands
• American Classics Corp Craft Popsicle Sticks
• Kustom Shop Paint Mixing Paddles
• OzWest Room A Rang, Soft Indoor Boomerang
• Boomerangs: How to Make and Throw Them, by Bernard S. Mason
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!