When our Diaper Duck broke for the second time, we decided not to pay the shipping to get another replacement.
Out of necessity, we discovered a frugal and effective fix - regular salad tongs work great for swishing and dunking diapers and for holding the diaper and flushing at the same time.
Photo credit: milesclute, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
The tongs have a metal piece that slides from the hinge end to the holder end to keep the ends closed - when holding the diaper with the tongs, we slide this metal piece down so the diaper stays clamped in the tongs.
You can swish and dunk without having to touch the toilet water at all.
Another great idea:
The Diaper Sprayer
Buy US | Canada | UK
Rolling the diaper around the tongs like rolling spaghetti on a fork squeezes out enough water for the diaper to be whisked into a nearby diaper pail.
Thanks to Monica Thomas for this Frugal Baby Tip!
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
More Pregnancy blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!