Here is the laundry soap recipe I found. It looks great, but I haven't used it yet.
I think I'll add some peppermint Dr. Bronner's to it too, just for the smell.
I guess you could add some essential oils if you wanted.
FELS NAPTHA HOMEMADE LAUNDRY SOAP
Recipe By : Annette Bowser
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/3 bar Fels Naptha Laundry Soap
1/2 cup Arm and Hammer super washing soda
1/2 cup Borax
3 pints Water
Grate the Fels Naptha Soap. Put in a pan with 3 pints of water, and heat until dissolved. Stir in 1/2 cup washing soda and 1/2 cup Borax. Mix and heat until all ingredients are dissolved. Cook for 15 minutes. It will look similar to honey. Remove from heat.
In a large bucket (3 or 5 gallon), put 1 quart of hot water, then add the soap. Mix. Add 5 1/2 quarts cold water (or enough to make 2 gallons total mixture). Mix until well blended. Set aside for 24 hours. Its will gel up. Use 1/2 cup for each load.
Fels Naptha Laundry Soap (it is a bar) is usually located near the bath bar soaps in your local grocery store. Fels Naptha is made by Dial Soap Company (usually called Mule Team). If you can't find it check on Amazon.
Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda is in the detergent aisle of your local grocery store, near the Borax. If you can't find it call the 800# (1-800-524- 1328 - The UPC is 3320003020) to find a store near you that sells it. Or check on Amazon.
The Fels Naptha was hard to find, but worth it. Everyone on the AOL tightwad board raves about it.
They say it takes out everything, even old stains. I found mine yesterday and am going to try it as soon as I am out of my regular detergent.
If you need Fels Naptha I suggest you check all the grocery stores in your area, it is usually with the laundry detergent.
Thanks to The Lewis Family for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Picture Credit: Amazon
All Rights Reserved
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!
More blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!