Baby toys are expensive and unnecessary most of the time. The Unclutterer blog has a couple of great articles on baby toys...
Paint brush and water: “paint” the sidewalk or fence with a paintbrush and small bucket of water. Your little one could easily spend a half an hour painting and there is no mess to clean up.
Laundry time: Little ones love to help with sorting laundry. Match up all the socks!
Their comments section produced lots more ideas:
Finger painting with pudding, play with dried rice, treasure hunts, pots and pans, cardboard boxes, shaving cream and corn meal, toilet paper tubes, A shovel, a hose and a pile of dirt, sheets, and so much more.
Part 1: Unclutterer: Baby toy alternatives
Part 2: Baby toy alternatives (part 2)
Stock Photo Credit: Playing with her blocks, by Matthew Routley on Flickr
Some rights reserved
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!
More blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!
Category: Toys + Playthings