I know this is going to sound absurd - but it really works!
Photo credit: katrinket, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
Homemade Diaper Cream
Mix Crisco shortening with corn starch (or even better: Johnson's Baby Powder Pure Cornstarch) to make a paste and apply liberally to baby's bottom.
The shortening provides a barrier to wetness and the cornstarch absorbs any leftover wetness.
Since there are no artificial fragrances or preservatives it is hypo-allergenic as well.
I know it works for my little princess and for the amount of money you would spend on a manufactured diaper cream you can make a whole tub of this!
Thanks to Mrs. Holdridge for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!
More blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!