I do not use a diaper pail, I just put my used cloth diapers straight into the washing machine with no water (I have a front loading).
Photo credit: lownote, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
Then every two days I do a rinse and short spin the diapers with cold water (and a bit of vinegar).
Then do a hot wash with organic detergent (only a TBSP).
Hang the diapers to dry and start all over again.
Any smell is trapped in the washing machine and I never usually need to do laundry more often then every two days so it works out perfectly.
Thanks to Mandy for this Frugal Baby Tip!
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
More Pregnancy blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!