When my son Angus was old enough to sit up, but not steady enough keep himself from falling over, I would put him in a square laundry basket.
He could sit up, and if he started to fall, he could just push himself up again from the sides of the basket.
His toys stayed right within reach. He spent many an hour at the foot of my desk, playing happily right next to me, choosing his toys from the pile at his feet, dropping them over the sides, etc.
I would never leave him alone in the basket, but keep him right next to me.
Thanks to Valerie L'Herrou for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Photo credit: moon_child, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
• Sterilite Ultra Laundry Basket with Titanium Handles
• Woven Willow Laundry Basket
• Baby Buddy Secure-A-Toy
• Summer Infant 3 Stage Super Seat
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!
More blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!