Decorating a little one's room can be so much fun! And can be so expensive! But it doesn't have to be!
I took a look around and a Teddy Bear Bookend can cost you as much as $98.00 each!
You can make your own matching stuffed toy book-ends out of your own adorable stuffed animals.
Simply undo the back of your stuffed toy, take out some of the stuffing and fill with marbles for weight. Re-sew the back opening by hand.
To prevent sliding, glue a non-slip rubber /silicone mesh pad on the bottom of the stuffed toy.
This works great for matching the decor in your baby's room.
Thanks to Renata for this Frugal Baby tip!
Photo credit: cahmeelah, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
• Steiff Teddy Bookend
• Ty Shaggy Bear
• Mega Marbles
• Al-De-Chef Non-Slip Rubber Pad
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!
More blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!