Make your baby a really cute-looking romper from an older child's T-shirt or tank top.
Just make sure the hem of the shirt hangs a few inches lower than the baby's diaper crotch.
Stitch 2"-3" of Velcro® loop (or 2"-3" of snap tape "head") on the inside of the hem, centre-front, and 2"-3" of Velcro® hook (or 2"-3" of snap tape "holes") on the outside of the hem, center-back.
If you find the neck opening a bit too big, just overlap the fabric at the back of the neck, and add a dot of Velcro® or one snap to hold it closed.
The extra bonus is that there is room in this romper to fit over a cloth diaper, AND the legs cover the diaper nicely.
Then you just slip your new baby romper onto your baby, and fasten at the crotch - how adorable!!
Thanks to Catherine for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Photo credit: Hey, kids... how ya doin'?, by Emily (Spamily), on Flickr
Some rights reserved
• Make a Baby Romper from a T Shirt
If you need more detailed instructions, I found this tutorial with pictures - however it uses a bigger t-shirt, and requires more cutting and sewing
• Velcro® Brand Soft and Flexible Sew-On Tape - US | Canada | UK
• Velcro® Brand Sew On Dots - US | Canada | UK
• DraperyDIY Snap Tape - US | Canada | UK
• Dritz Sew On Snaps - US | Canada | UK
• Lord and Hodge Snap Fastener Kit - US | Canada | UK
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!