Three great craft ideas for nursing moms that I came across today! You can buy a nursing necklace already made from various places online. You could find a suitable nursing necklace in a store. However, making your own nursing necklace is fun and special because you can tailor it to your child. It is also likely less expensive than buying a nursing necklace pre-made. If you have more than one nursling, it is fun to have more than one nursing necklace.
How to Make a Nursing Bracelet - Nursing bracelets are a wonderful gift for the mother of a newborn. Not only are they stylish, they are also functional. These bracelets are a helpful tool for a nursing mother to remember the time of the next feeding.
Nursing Bracelet Pattern - The following nursing bracelet pattern is made on memory wire to make it easy to transfer the bracelet from one wrist to the other (even while half asleep). This bracelet will help you remember which breast you fed the baby on during the baby’s prior feeding. A little charm on a lobster clasp is then used to mark the time of the feeding on the bracelet.
Or try this idea!!
DIY Nursing Reminders - Safety pins are a popular suggestion to remember which side you last fed on, but too easy to get pricked. You could also use a bobby pin or paperclip, easily lost, and you can see them through your shirt. Or a bracelet you switch from arm to arm but ultimately you will forget. So try this ribbon reminder!
Thanks to Catherine for these Frugal Baby Tips!
Photo credit: Morguefile.com
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!
More blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!