I find that deodorant disks don't work well at all after about a week...
I have two pails - a "dry" diaper pail for cloth diapers -- I don't put them in a solution - I soak them overnight in Bio Kleen Oxygen Bleach in the washer.
Then another pail for miscellaneous baby stuff - "disposable" diapers that I use occasionally, the odd "disposable" wipe when I run out of my homemade ones - but, I digress...
I can't remember who told me about it - but it really works -- I put in a Bounce dryer sheet - I cut them in half and put one in each pail.
They just end up being washed if they are in cloth pail - I suppose if I was a fanatic I could use it as "poop catcher" in diaper... or thrown out if in trash pail.
This was one tip that I found truly worked!!
Thanks to Lisa for this great Frugal Baby Tip!
Photo credit: Jacob and his diaper pail, by AmberStrocel, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
• Safety 1st Easy Saver Diaper Pail
• Imse Vimse Citrus Circles Diaper Pail Deodorizing Disks
• Bio Kleen Oxygen Bleach
• Bounce Fabric Softener Sheets
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!