QUESTION: What do I do for staining on my baby's clothes and cloth diapers?
ANSWER: You might try equal parts of Cascade dishwashing detergent and Clorox 2 powder in very hot water. I found this tip in "The Tightwad Gazette" and it works like a charm for me.
I will usually soak the clothes in this solution overnight, and then wash as usual.
I haven't tried it on diapers yet, and I always use the brand name detergents.
I don't know if store brands would work also.
I have even removed stains (probably food, formula, breast milk stains?) from second hand items, and who knows how long those stains have been there?!
Thanks to Joyce for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Photo credit: Cambio, by Daniel Lobo (Daquella manera) on Flickr
Some Rights Reserved
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!
More blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!
Category: Diaper Washing