When my son had a horrible diaper rash, I would first put a thick layer of diaper cream on his bottom.
I liked to use Triple Paste Medicated Ointment.
Then I would coat it with Vaseline® to keep any further wetness away from his skin, while it healed.
Add a bit of fresh air time on a receiving blanket and waterproof pad.
I would drape a cotton prefold (or you could use a receiving blanket) over his bits, to prevent any sprays!
Worked like a charm!
Thanks to Cathy for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Photo Credit: Jaybird, by medigerati on Flickr
Some Rights Reserved
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!
More blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!
Category: Diaper Rash Help