Cloth menstrual pads too expensive to buy - but you couldn't sew one if your life depended on it??
Here's a cheap way to make your own - without sewing at all!
Photo credit: moppet65535, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
Simply buy the cheapest terry washcloths you can find.
Red washcloths would be a great colour to buy, but if not - choose a colour separate from anything you would normally use as a facecloth.
To use, fold one washcloth in half, then half again - both long-wise. You should have a long narrow pad now. (If you need a wider pad, fold in thirds instead.)
Place the folded washcloth in the crotch of your panties, and you are all set - cloth against cloth doesn't move much.
For more absorbency, fold two washcloths together.
Photo credit: Catherine McDiarmid-Watt, on BorntoLove.com
All rights reserved
For waterproof protection, you could cut 3" by 12" (8 cm by 30 cm) strips of a rubberized flannelette, or Polar fleece, and lay it between your cloth pad and your panties. No sewing required!
To wash, simply rinse out the washcloths, and toss in the laundry hamper. Wash together with the regular laundry, no special care is needed.
• Danica Studio Aegean Wash Cloths
• Carol Wright Gifts - Set of 24 Washcloths
• Palm Island Home 12−pk. Washcloth Set
• Duro-Med Flannel/Rubber Waterproof Sheeting
• Wintry Fleece Red Fabric By The Yard
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• <Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!