Have you got a funny baby that loves to turn off your computer, right in the middle of your work or writing?
If the front of your computer is flat, you can protect it with a plexiglass bread board and some sticky-back Velcro® dots!
Just get a small plexi-glass or plastic bread board - say about 5" by 7" (or to fit your computer) - and six Velcro® dots. Place one side of the Velcro® dots at each corner of the bread board, and one in the centre of each longer end.
Next, place the other side of the Velcro® dots on the coordinating spot across the front of your computer, covering up the "ON" button. Line up the two sides of Velcro® and install your Frugal Baby Computer Protector TM!
If the front of your computer is not flat, don't despair! Get a flexible cutting board from the Dollar store, or keep an eye out for some clear rigid packaging, that you can wrap across the front of your computer, and fasten with Velcro® dots along each side.
This time you will need the rigid plastic to be about 8.5" by 11" (or to fit your computer). Place three Velcro® dots along each side of the shorter end of the plastic. Then place the coordinating dots along each side of your computer front, to match the ones on your piece of plastic. Then just line up and fasten one side, wrap around and fasten on the other side. There you go!
NOTE: This will not stop a determined troublemaker, but is very effective for babies and toddlers who don't really understand the frustration turning off mommy's (or daddy's) computer can cause!
Photo credit: Noctircm, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
• Norpro Icon Cut N Slice Flexible Cutting Boards
• Velcro Brand Sticky Back Coins 5/8 inch 15/Pkg-Clear
• Parent Units PC Guard Tower Protector
• Safety 1st Electronics Shield
• Safety 1st Power Strip Cover
• Mommy's Helper Power Strip Safety Cover
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!
More blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!