I'm wondering if you know about "Elimination Communication"?
It is a gentle, natural, non-coercive process by which a baby, preferably beginning in early infancy, learns with the loving assistance of parents and caregivers to communicate about and address his or her elimination needs. This practice makes conventional potty training unnecessary.
Basically the idea is that babies know when they need to eliminate and their caregivers can figure it out just as they know when baby is hungry or tired, and they can hold the baby over an appropriate place - like a toilet or potty.
The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative
Although the "ideal" is seen to have a diaper-free in infancy, typically most families using this do use cloth diapers most of the time. And boy, does it make cloth diapering easier!
-Lori H., Vancouver area mentor, diaperfreebaby.org
Photo credit: lkonstanski, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
• BABYBJORN Smart Potty
• Ecaware Velcro Waterproof Potty Training Pants
• Diaper Free: The Gentle Wisdom of Natural Infant Hygiene
• The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
More Pregnancy blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!