Baby has a diaper rash, but you haven't got any of those expensive breathable covers?
You could let the baby go coverless, but if that doesn't work for you, here's a Frugal Baby Tip!
Set aside a couple of pull-on plastic, rubber, vinyl or nylon baby pants as your breathable covers.
Make a pad of folded towels and lay your baby pants on top.
Using a diaper pin, prick holes through the baby pant, 1 inch apart, in a wide band around. Keep pin holes 2 inches below the waistband, and go no further than about halfway down.
I would recommend no more than 25 pin holes for smaller pants and no more than 50 holes for larger pants.
Keeping the pin holes within these guidelines will keep the pants more resistant to ripping or tearing around the perforated area.
It would be better to double diaper when using these covers, and to wash the pants by hand.
Photo credit: scherre, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
• Kidalog Longlife Waterproof Diaper Cover
• Dappi Waterproof 100% Vinyl Diaper Pants
• Sckoon Organic Breathable Cotton Diaper Cover
• Kissa's Wool Lover Diaper Cover
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!