Recycle your 1 litre and 4 litre (quart and gallon) plastic bottles - into sand toys!
Clean them out well, and using a craft knife - cut your 4 litre (gallon) bottle all around about 15 cm (6") from the bottom.
Poke a couple of holes on opposite sides near the top - attach a short rope handle and you have your sand pail.
Photo credit: Manue@PrettyKiku, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
The remaining piece becomes your funnel.
You can cut another 4 litre (gallon) bottle about 5 cm (2") high and poke the bottom full of holes for a sieve.
Cut the bottom off your 1 litre (quart) bottle. Then cut a long U-shaped scoop, sloping your cut up along the sides.
If your bottle comes with a handle, make sure the handle ends up on the top side of the scoop. This becomes your shovel.
The best part of these toys is - if they get left behind at the beach, you can always make another set!
Photo credit: Found on Pinterest, by picklebums.com
All rights reserved
Thanks to Catherine for this Frugal Baby Tip!
• Tajima Precision Craft Slide Lock Snap-Blade Knife
• Chef's Quality Distilled White Vinegar - 1 gallon jug
• Aztec Tool Sand Toy Set
• Aztec Bucket Sand Toy Set
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
More Pregnancy blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!