If you find your prefold or shaped/contour diapers are leaking due to a poor fit around baby's legs - but don't want to invest in more expensive form-fitted diapers - try this to get a snug fit!
All you need is some elastic - swimwear elastic will last the longest, available at most fabric stores.
HOW TO MAKE: Cut two strips of elastic about 9" [23 cm] long per diaper (1" (2.5 cm) less for small diapers... 1"-2" [2.5 - 5 cm] more for large diapers).
Photo credit: 6-prefold-pad, by HoboMama, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
Center one piece of elastic on each side of your prefold or shaped/contour diaper along the dotted lines shown in the pictures (along each side of the center panel on your prefold or shaped/contour diaper).
Stretch out the elastic, and zigzag-stitch into place.
Now you have form-fitted diapers to help
hold back the tide!
NOTE: When using these diapers, place the elastic side of diaper away from your baby's skin. Or you could add a layer of cotton bias tape to cover the elastic.
Thanks to Corinna for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Diaper Photo credit: Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
All rights reserved
• All Together Diaper OsoCozy Better Fit Unbleached Prefolds
• Stretchrite Cotton Swimwear Elastic (5 YARD CUT)
• Singer Stretchrite Cotton Swimwear Elastic (100 yards)
• NY Binding Bias Tape(10 Yards / Pack)
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!