Need to lock up the fridge, oven, cupboard, etc. to keep out the kids (or pets!)?
Anywhere you can place this lock on a door and around a corner edge, it will work!
Cut two pieces - 2" x 2" (5 cm x 5 cm) - of self-stick loop Velcro®.
Cut one piece - 6" x 2" (5 cm x 15 cm) of hook Velcro®. Cut this piece longer if needed to wrap around corner of fridge or cabinet.
Photo credit: s m i l e y, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
Attach one short piece of loop Velcro® at each end of the long hook Velcro®. ⇒
Place high, out of your child's reach, on the fridge, microwave, freezer, cabinet, etc. - wrapping it around the edge of the door and onto the body of the fridge, microwave, freezer, cabinet, etc.
Clean the area with an alcohol wipe first, for a strong adhesive effect. Peel off protective papers, and stick loop Velcro® pieces into place - one on door, one on side - about 6" apart (or further if you cut a longer Velcro® strap). Let dry overnight for best results.
To use: Just unfasten hook Velcro®, and open door. Then refasten when door is shut.
Thanks to Catherine for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Drawing credit: Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
All rights reserved
• World Self Adhesive Hook and Loop Velcro
• Genuine First Aid Alcohol Prep Pads
• Cosmos ® Multi-Purpose Baby Safety Lock Strap
• HM Baby Safety Cabinet Door Fridge Drawer Locks
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
More Pregnancy blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!