1. Cut one receiving blanket down to about 20" x 36" to 40". This should give you a second strip about 7"-10" wide.
2. Fold this narrow strip in half or thirds to about 20" long.
3. Place this down the center of the large piece, as shown: [ ::  :: ]
4. Fold in the sides of the larger piece about 2/3 of the way across.
5. Overlap them on top of the folded strip down the center, leaving the diaper about 15" across:
[→←] = []
1. Zigzag stitch across the top and bottom raw edges of the folded diaper, making sure to catch in all layers.
2. Stitch down the center pad about 1/2" in from the edge of the center pad.
NOTE: All measurements depend on original size of the blanket. Don't be afraid to experiment!
Thanks to Catherine for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Photo credit: sewwithjan - from Flickr
Some rights reserved
• Luvable Friends Flannel Receiving Blanket Set
• Baby Starters Lil Pal Receiving Blanket
• Kidalog Prefold Flannelette Cloth Diaper
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
More Pregnancy blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!