Coat your baby's bottom with a solid vegetable shortening - or coconut oil; it's a lot cheaper than brand name diaper creams and usually works just as well.
If baby's bottom is particularly sore, spread the shortening/coconut oil (or diaper cream) on the diaper instead of directly on baby's bottom.
Then fasten the diaper as usual, and the shortening (or diaper cream) will be applied painlessly.
Thanks to Catherine for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Thanks to Cyndi for the coconut oil tip!
Stock Photo credit: etrnl
All rights reserved
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
More Pregnancy blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!
Category: Diaper Rash Help