I guess this isn't really a baby tip, but when you have the kids already strapped into their carseats in the middle of winter, and the windshield is frosted over, anything that gets you moving quicker is a good idea!
What I did was fill a small spray bottle that I bought at the Dollar Store with windshield washer fluid good to 45 degrees below zero. We start the car, have the heat settings on defrost, high and hot and I spray the windshield quickly before strapping in the kids. Once I am done, the ice scrapper does a quick job of any remaining ice.
Another idea: Cover your windshield with an old bed sheet when snow or ice is in the forecast. Hold the sheet in place, by closing it in the door on each side. In the morning, just peel the sheet off the windshield.
Thanks to Cathy for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Photo credit: Ice on the windshield - by Anni and Bryan's (anniandbryan) from PhotoBucket
Some rights reserved
Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: The latest free stuff, free books, shopping deals, discount coupons, and other ways to save money!
More blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!