Before you go into labour, buy some of those disposable ice-cube bags. Trim to fit and round off edges.
Fill only about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick with water and seal. Place in your freezer, and they will be all ready when you need them!
After baby is born, if you had an episiotomy, you will find these ice-packs wonderfully healing.
Simply take one out of the freezer, wrap in a old, small hand-towel that you don't need any more. Place this ice pack inside your underpants, against your stitches.
The individual pockets of ice make it flexible enough to mold to your body, and the cool ice will relieve your discomfort!
Photo credit: Lars Plougmann, on Flickr
Some rights reserved
• Thermos Ice Mat - 9 cube
• Earth Mama Angel Baby Postpartum Bath Herbs
• Great Mother's Goods Sitz Bath
• SmartChoices Feme Pad
• Frugal Baby Tips can be found on Facebook and Pinterest!
More Frugal Blogs and Websites:
• Born to Love: All your cloth diapering needs, and much more - naturally! We are strong advocates of the personal, social and environmental benefits of natural parenting.
• Frugal Freebies: Keep up with the latest free stuff, deals, coupons, and other ways to save money!
More Pregnancy blogs to visit:
• Life Begins... - Pregnancy stories of loss, hope and help
• Pregnancy Stories by Age - Daily blog of hope and inspiration!
• You Can Get Pregnant in Your 40's - Sharing articles, discussing options and suggestions
• Stories of Pregnancy and Birth over 44 - sharing news stories I find online, for inspiration!