|Somebody unrolled all the toilet paper!, by Rob, Joyce, Alex and Nova|
Make your own toilet roll cover/protector by recycling a plastic 2 liter soda pop bottle.
HOW TO MAKE:
Cut off the bottle top and bottom of the soda pop bottle, to form your toilet roll cover/protector.
Measure your wall mount toilet paper roll holder to see what size you need - mine was 4 3/4 inches (12 cm) across.
TIP: you can use the leftover bottom to make fancy flower shaped ice cubes for punch - and the leftover top for a funnel for sand play!
Cut a slot in this toilet roll cover/protector, to allow you to pull the toilet paper through, about 1/4 inch (0.64 cm) high and 4 inches (10 cm) across.
If you are using double roll toilet paper, simply cut across completely - from one side to the other.
If you wish, cover all raw edges with plastic tape to match your decor - I only had black tape on hand, but you can use any colour to match your decor.
If using double roll toilet paper, use a piece of plastic tape to tape across the open sides, attaching both sides, leaving an opening of about 1/4 inch (0.64 cm) or larger, for the toilet paper to hang out.
Remove your toilet roll and spindle from the wall mount, slide both inside your new toilet roll protector, and reattach the roll to the wall mount.
This should at least slow your toddler or pets down!
Thanks to Catherine for this Frugal Baby Tip!
Tutorial Photo credit: Catherine McDiarmid-Watt
All rights reserved
• Paws-Free Toilet Paper Cover - Stops children and pets from unraveling toilet paper.
• Mom Invented TP Saver - Perfect for kids and pets
• Control-n-Roll - Avoid bathroom messes by stopping waste by children and pets
• EZ-Load Toilet Paper Holder - Spring hinges on both sides makes loading toilet paper a snap
• Plush Cloth Toilet Paper Container - keep pets and kids from playing with the TP roll and unraveling it.